This easy to make sauce is a must have with the Vietnamese Spring Roll, giving it a refreshing taste of sweet and sour, and a tinge of spiciness. This versatile dipping sauce will also go well with all sorts of meat and shellfish.
- 1 ½ cup fresh coconut juice or water
- 8 Tbsp fish sauce
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 tsp rice vinegar
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 deseeded and finely chopped fresh red chili
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup finely sliced carrots (optional)
- Combine the coconut juice or water, rice vinegar and sugar in a saucepan, and gently bring this to a boil.
- Allow this mixture to cool down.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice, chili, garlic and carrots into the mixture.
- This delicious dipping sauce is ready to be served.
- Note: If you have any leftovers, just put it into a container and freeze it for another meal.