This Vietnamese Tamarind Dipping Sauce or Nuoc Cham Me is a sweet and tangy sauce that goes particularly well with seafood like grilled fish.
- 1 chopped fresh chilli
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp water
- Bring ½ cup of water to the boil. Take the water off the flame. Soak the tamarind pulp in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Mash the chili, garlic and sugar to a paste.
- Gradually add the tamarind water to the paste until it is to your taste. Do the same with the fish sauce.
- Serve with your favorite grilled seafood.